Friday, March 25, 2016

Boy's Best Friend

Hello! I have a new layout to share! I started with this sketch from "Sketches In Thyme":

I found these photos that my mom took a couple of years ago when my boys stayed with them for a week. As you can see, I had one more photo than the sketch called for, so I moved a few things around. I pulled some random papers together and cut them into strips. I decided to emboss the piece of cardstock for some added texture and pattern. Since my folder was not 12 inches long or wide, I embossed one end of the strip and then the other end. There was about an inch in the middle that didn't get embossed, but I covered that with one of my photos and some embellishments.

I also put my Cricut to work, cutting my title and dog embellishments. I added some extra color to my layout with some spray mists before I added my photos and embellishments. I lightly sprayed the whole background with brown mist and then used the packaging technique to add the yellow.


Materials:
Cardstock- Bazzill
Patterned Paper- Bo Bunny, Basic Grey, Echo Park
Vellum and Brad- Crate Paper
Journaling Spots- Echo Park
Ink- EK Success, October Afternoon
Die Cuts- October Afternoon
Stickers- Echo Park, Hambly Screen Prints
Rub Ons- Art Warehouse
Pen- Sharpie
Embossing Folder- Ellison
Die Cutter- Provo Craft
Cartridges- Doodlecharms, Zooballoo, Playtime, All Mixed Up, Cricut Classic Font

8 comments:

  1. ADORABLE pics and love that cute die cut doggie face. Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute layout! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketches In Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooo I love the doggy die cuts, so cute and so appropriate. Great take on sketch.
    Thank you for taking the time to join us a Sketches in Thyme
    ~Helen~

    ReplyDelete
  4. super fun layout. I agree those doggy die cuts are adorable.
    Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the doggie embellishment: it's super cute and perfect for this page. Thanks for sharing at Sketches in Thyme. Eli

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, I love pet photos! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun layout! Love layouts with pets! Thanks for joining in at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete