Thursday, March 17, 2016

Lasting Hearts Card Making Day

Hello! I have one more post to catch you all up on what I've been doing the last couple of weeks. Two weekends ago, some friends, my daughters and I made cards for the Lasting Hearts Card Drive.  At the end of the day, we had almost 50 completed cards!


Here are some close ups of the cards I made. First up is this card that I made using some leftover stickers and die cuts from a Scrapfest class I took several years ago. I added some coordinating patterned paper, washi tape, and a heat embossed sentiment to complete the card.

This card I made a few days before the "card making" day, along with another just like it that I sent off for another occasion I stamped and heat embossed the flowers and then painted them in with a water brush and gelato. I cut the sentiment with my Cricut from a coordinating paper. After I attached it, it blended in too well with the image, so I outlined it with a white pen to make it stand out more. 

I picked up a bunch of Stampin Up inks a while back and so I played a bit with them on this card, using 4 colors. I used dye inks for the flowers and pigment ink for the flower centers and sentiment. I heat embossed where I used the pigment inks.

I found a 6x6 paper pad on clearance at Target a day or two before the get together. I used some of the papers on this card. I also used an embossing folder on some Core'dinations cardstock and then sanded it to expose the lighter colored core.

I went to the October Afternoon warehouse sale the day before and picked up this background stamp. I decided to try it with some glitter embossing powder for the this card. Some tape, a stamped sentiment on vellum and some punched stars finished of the card.

I again decided to play with different ink colors on this card. This time I used some layering stamps to make a little scene. I finished it off with a sprinkling of sequins.


No comments:

Post a Comment