Sunday, April 3, 2016

April Calendar Page

Hello! I'm a couple days late with this one, but I have my April calendar page done! I started with this sketch from Stick it Down:
I stuck pretty choose to the sketch. I realized when I got my photos though, that I could have printed them bigger. Oh well! I played lot with bright colors on this one, I guess I'm ready for spring!

I used some die cuts and stickers from the Simple Stories DIY Boutique collection.
To add some texture to my page, I used some fabric trim by Heidi Swapp that I colored with Fossilized Amber and Twisted Citron Distress Stains. After I added the ink to half of my trim, I folded it over on itself and sprayed it generously with water to spread the color to the rest of the trim. I think the next time I do out, I will spray the trim with water first because I didn't like how harsh the lines between the colors were on the first half that I colored.


Materials:
Cardstock- My Mind's Eye
Patterned Paper- Simple Stories, My Mind's Eye, Bo Bunny
Stickers and die cuts- Simple Stories
Journal spots- Maya Road
Stamp- 7 Gypsies
Trim- Heidi Swapp
Ink- We R Memory Keepers, Ranger
Pen- Sharpie
Chipboard- KI Memories, Simple Stories
Glitter Glue- Ranger

No comments:

Post a Comment