Sunday, April 17, 2016

Splish Splash

 Hello all! Happy Sunday! I have a new layout to share today. This layout was inspired by this sketch from Scrap Much?:


As you can see, I rotated the banners to accommodate my landscape photos. 

To make my title stand out a bit more, I smeared some gesso over the area and then used the packaging technique to add some splashes of blue Distress Stain and Gelato. I cut the title with my Cricut and the "Makin' the Grade" cartridge.  I outlined the first work with a pen, and used the shadow layer and some cardstock for the second word.

In this close up, you can see why my middle banner isn't banner shaped. I worked with the swirly wave pattern on the page to give the feeling of moving water. The wood veneer piece was stamped with a sentiment and a splatter stamp (I'm really happy with how that turned out. The vellum penguin and the "bath time" phrase by the title were one piece, but I cut them apart to make them work on my layout.


Thanks for stopping by and checking out my layout!

Materials: 
Cardstock: My Mind's Eye, Bazzill
Patterned Paper- Echo Park, October Afternoon
Die cuts and Tape- October Afternoon
Wood Veneer- Basic Grey, Adorn It
Stamps- American Crafts, Hero Arts
Ink- Ranger, Clear Snap
Enamel dots- October Afternoon, Simple Stories
Brad- Echo Park
Chipboard- Fiskars
Cartridge- Makin' the Grade
Vellum- K and Company
Gelato- Faber Castell
Gesso- Liquitex
Pen- Sakuura

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Jessica!! Love how you turned the sketch a bit!! Great take on the sketch an I love your papers and colors here!! Many thanks for joining in with us at ScrapMuch? Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How super sweet! love all of your special details! Thank you for joining us at ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable pictures, and a wonderful page, Jessica!
    Thanks for joining us at ScrapMuch?! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness..is RIGHT!! Love the flip of the sketch and those photos - great detailing
    Thank you for joining us at ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great title and love that you made the sketch your own to suit your photos! Fabulous embellishing! Thanks for playing along with ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete