Monday, May 30, 2016

Happy Birthday- CAS(E) This Sketch

Hello! As you may know if you have followed me for a while, June and early July are big months around here for birthday and anniversaries, so I make a ton of cards! I am here today with my first of the bunch. 

This card was inspired by the current sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch:


I loved the stars in the sketch, and since I was making a card for a 4-year-old, I decided to stick with them. I started by using a star mask, Distress Inks and a blending tool to make the pink and green stars. I then used the mask and some of the smaller stars to "lift" some of the ink with a baby wipe to make the lighter colored stars. I filled in with smaller stars and a Gelato and finished up with a stamp and the teal ink. I used that same ink to stamp and heat emboss the sentiment on some vellum. I used a few pieces of star confetti to finish off the card.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is so fun! I love the colours you used! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete