Thursday, December 29, 2016

December Card Round Up

Hello all! It certainly has been a while! I have been busy taking and editing pictures and working on a few projects for the holidays. I got a little bit of paper crafting done over the month, in the form of cards, which I am going to share today. 

First up is an anniversary card. Their wedding colors were black and red, so I went with that theme, along with some silver, for the card.  I stamped the flowers with Versamark and then heat embossed them with silver powder. I used watercolor pencils to shade them and then spread the color with my Wink of Stella pen for some shimmer. I layered a piece of vellum over the background piece and stamped and heat embossed my sentiment.

I also made Christmas cards for my kids' teachers to go with the gifts we bought for them. First up is a set of cards I made using some white washed Core'dinations card stock and an embossing folder. After I embossed the pieces, I sanded the raised areas to make the color show through. I then went over the snowflakes with my Wink of Stella pen to give them some shimmer and pull off some of the paper dust. I punched a piece of vellum with snowflakes and layered a piece of ribbon and another piece of vellum with a sentiment stamped and heat embossed on it.

For my next card, I used alcohol inks and glossy cardstock for my background. I started by stamping with some Versamark and heat embossing a background stamp, but the embossing powder didn't really stick, so I didn't get the effect I was hoping for. I stamped and colored the snowmen with gel pens before fussy cutting them out. I used my Cricut to cut out the sentiment to finish of the card.

The last few cards were quick ones that involved the card cut function on "A Quilted Christmas" Cricut cartridge. I layered the cards over cardstock that I had brushed Glimmer Mist over for some shimmer. I finished off these cards with stamped and heat embossed sentiments.


No comments:

Post a Comment