Monday, March 27, 2017

Happy Birthday- Sketch Saturday #455

Hello and happy Monday! I have a card to share today. I started with last week's sketch from Sketch Saturday:

I got a chance to go to my local scrapbook store (which is about 20 minutes away) and I picked up a few colors of the new Distress Oxide Inks. I decided to play with those a bit on my card. I started by blending Faded Jeans into the background cardstock and then used a wood grain mask and Iced Spruce on top of that. I then sprayed and splattered water over the background for some more interest and texture. I stamped the reindeer on a scrap piece of cardstock and used watercolor pencils and a water brush to color it. I used the water brush and some more of the Faded Jeans ink to paint the sky. I stamped the sentiment and then snipped a bunch of pieces of ribbon to place next to my image. 

I am also entering this in the CASual Fridays No Dies Allowed challenge this week.

1 comment:

  1. Great card! Love that deer and soft colored ribbons! The oxide inks, stencil and water drops are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete