Friday, April 21, 2017

Retirement card- Sketch Saturday #459

Hello and happy Friday! I hope you have had a great week! We are gearing up for a big celebration here, but I wanted to share some cards I made earlier this week. I used this sketch from Sketch Saturday:

I made a retirement card and a Father's Day card. We have so many birthdays and anniversaries in our family in June and early July, I decided to get a bit of a head start and make a card with the same design. 

I stamped and heat embossed the image on some cream cardstock. I then watercolored the paper with some yellow ink. To make the clock face glossy, I colored over it with my Versamark pen and heat embossed it with clear powder. I did this two more times to get the desired thickness and shine. I then inked the edges of the piece. For the background, I stamped a plaid stamp in a subtle shade to add some texture. The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed as well. I matted all of the pieces on dark brown and finished off the card with some gold ink splatters.

No comments:

Post a Comment