Friday, December 22, 2017

Dreaming of a White Christmas Cards

Hello, I'm back with a couple more cards! This time I was inspired by the "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas challenge at CAS-ual Fridays.

Since we were going for mostly white, I went with a snow theme again. I started by dry embossing 4 cards with my snowflake embossing folder. Then for two of the cards, I stamped and heat embossed snowflakes on a piece of vellum. For the sentiment, I stamped and heat embossed a snowflake with glitter embossing powder and then stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in white over the top. I wish you could see the embossing a bit more through the vellum, but I am still happy with the card.

Here you can see the heat embossing on the vellum a bit better, it is very pretty in person.

For the other two cards, I layered silver spotted acetate over the embossed background. I stamped and heat embossed a snowflake on vellum and then stamped and heat embossed the sentiment over the top. (Quick tip- If you are stamping on top of heat embossing, make sure you press firmly so your entire image gets stamped. I cut around the snowflake and attached it to the front of my card.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous cards, I love the heat embossed vellum over the top. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete