Saturday, May 12, 2018

Happy Mother's Day

Hello! I have a card to share today! I actually made 4 of these, one for my mom, one for my mother-in-law and one for each of my grandmas. I was first inspired by thes Distress Oxide Water Painting technique, which I used on the stamped panel of the feet on the bottom part of the card. 


I then used the same colors to ink up my background stamp and to ink up my die cut sentiment. For the sentiment, I cut it using my Cricut and the Holiday Cakes cartridge and then blended to ink on it while it was still stuck to the mat with the negative space around it. Then I pulled it out and put it on my card. I decided it needed something to make it stand out from the busy background, so I used my Cricut and the Walk In My Garden cartridge to draw and cut the posy. I attached the sentiment to the flower and used foam tape to attach the flower to the front of the card. I finished it off by adding Diamond Stickles over the sentiment to give it some sparkle.

I am entering this in the Mother's Day challenge at Bitten By the Bug 2.

4 comments:

  1. What pretty, bright rainbow colors! The recipients of these cards are sure lucky! Thanks for sharing at Bitten by the Bug 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cute! Thanks for joining us at Bitten by the Bug 2.
    Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pretty colors of your card. This is such a fabulous Mothers Day card. Your cards will certainly be enjoyed. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool technique with the colors! And the sparkly sentiment-so pretty! Love how your project turned out! Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2 for the Mother's Day challenge.
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete